The Boyfriend Makeup Knowledge tag, I immediately wanted to do this with my boyfriend. He tends to wonder why I need all of my makeup and why on earth I would use it. So I sat down with him and asked him to define certain makeup things. Let’s find out what he said to me, shall we?
If I’m honest with you all, my dear readers. I don’t expect him to know much about all of the things listed below, but maybe he’ll surprise me.
So without further ado!
- Bronzer: To make your skin look more brown/bronzed than it really is.
Especially for pale people like you. ha ha
- Blusher: Is it that stuff that goes here? (points at his cheeks). To make it pink or let it shine, no?
- Mascara: Is it to make your eyelashes, I don’t know, longer or more black?
- Eye liner: That line above, under and at the side of your eyes!
- Strobing: (looks at me like he has seen an alien) No idea, never heard of that thing ever before you mentioned it.
- Eye shadow: Colourful stuff above your eyes.
- Powder: (Is lost in his thoughts and stares at me) Like in white powder? You don’t mean drugs do you? OH is it to, (makes weird round movements around his face with his hands), with a giant brush?’
- Foundation: To make your skin look different and to make everything nice and smooth, without any blemishes and it has to match your own skin colour, otherwise you’ll look orange or dead!
- Concealer: I have no idea, to hide something? Hide and seek for blemishes!
- Highlighter: To make your face shine like the sun and to reshape your facial bone structure?
- Setting spray: Spray to make yourself ready? To begin with your makeup?
- Contouring: For the sides of your face, to contour your cheekbones and the rest of your face! What is this madness.
- Primer: Literally skip
- Lip liner: Lining the outside of your lips, that’s what it comes down to I guess? haha
- Brow pencil: To colour in your eyebrows, fill in any gaps and to give it a good shape.
- Serum: I love you but skip again, next please!
- Cleanser: To wipe of makeup?
- Micellar Water: (Looks at the screen to read Micellar) What? I don’t know, haha. Drinkable makeup to clean your intestines!
- Toner: I’m looking into an empty void filled with darkness. I guess to make the skin brown, like loads of other things in this list. (Laughs)
- BB Cream: oh lord stahp, Some eye cream? Boobs and butt cream? I give up!
Well dear readers,
He most definitely surprised me, haha! I loved his answers to concealer and micellar water. We had a good laugh with this tag. I hoped you had pleasure in reading it and don’t hesitate to try it out with your boyfriend, father, mother or other relatives! It’s truly funny to see them struggle to give an explanation.
Lots of love and see you next time!